The Digital Library Development System (DLDS) is intended to:
- Gathering and storage various digital textual, photo, audio and video information in unified digital library.
- Quick and convenient access to the database.
- Preparation of a related document sections using any search queries to stored information.
- Expansion of an analytical work in consequence of permanent data storage.
DLDS includes following components:
- working station of Administrator;
- working station of Editor;
- working station of Intranet-Site User;
- Server - object database management system ODB-Jupiter.
fig. 1 Structure of Digital Library Development System
A working station of Administrator is intended for installing and maintenance of application suite components, monitoring of system parameters and setting security parameters of users.
A working station of Editor executes following operations:
- Control of input information from responsible departments.
- Search, fetching and forming reports by queries of users.
- Documents preparation for publishing at corporate Intranet site.
A working station of Intranet-Site User provides searching and fetching of information by search queries of persons who are allowed to a corporate Intranet-site but do not need a write access to stored information.
Server of DLDS carries out an execution of all working stations commands and storages data.
Main features of DLDS:
- Automated digital data gathering from departments.
- Extraction of text and metainformation from various internal message sources and e-mail. Transformation of the data to special internal format.
- Automated current information receiving from Internet with following possibilities:
Storing of input data in databases.
Creation and using of a rubricator.
Storage of digital textual, photo, audio and video information and links to them with additional fields are available.
Export of information from databases including non-textual data and links to them.
Export of textual information from databases into .DOC format of MS Word 2000.
Automated report forming using stored (early prepared by experts) and arbitrary search queries. The report can include an original text in MS Word format, text fragments such as paragraph or phrase, addition documents fields such as author, date time etc.
Logs of input documents are recorded.
Automated creation and conducting of key-words dictionary in indexed data are made.
Information search using words and phrases in key-word dictionaries.
Full text search by queries in form of native language (for example Russian) and special form of search language with word masks, words distance, word-combination directions are executes.
Documents search in concrete rubric, qualifying search, search by a combination of document fields including text are available.
User access control to any object in a database and user's actions logging are also available.
- Receiving of message texts and common fields such as date and time of publishing, a site name, author of message etc.
- Adjustment of Internet information receiving schedule.
- Adjustment of information transformation.
- Transformation of the data to special internal format.